DET has completed a multi-year, multi-million dollar production run of this unit which is used to transport 500 lb. bombs.
On this project, DET worked with Navy engineers to improve the manufacturability and cost of the unit.
Highlights of DET’s manufacturing engineering included:
- Using high strength 6061-T6 aluminum to satisfy difficult weight/strength requirements
- Utilizing four separate fabrication fixtures to eliminate warping
- Changing the finish on key moving parts to Hard Anodize to prolong wear
- Changing to powder coat paint to increase life span
- Reverse engineering retractor assembly